What to Expect: ISA-Certified Arborist
Tree Care Professionals at Cumberland Valley Tree Service – Landscaping are skilled, studied and certified to perform tree services on your property. As ISA-Certified Arborists, we have trained for hours – the equivalent of a two-year degree – and we have taken a pledge to perform tree services in accordance with ANSI A300 standards. Many of us go on to achieve numerous other certifications including becoming Licensed Tree Experts (a requirement to sell tree services in Maryland) that require even more studying and training. All of this is on top of the college degrees that many of us hold in related fields such as Forestry, Horticulture, and Environmental Studies.
Our salespeople are non-commissioned, so you can be confident that the results of our professional consultations are what is truly best for your property. The trees on your property are your own private forest, and we are uniquely qualified to approach each tree as both an investment in your property and as a unique, living organism.
During a free estimate, an ISA-Certified Arborist visits your property to provide a quote for basic tree pruning or removal services of an individual tree or a small group of trees. In addition, we can also supply a comparative quote for any previously identified insect or disease treatment. When the unexpected happens, our arborists are available to issue restorative storm damage quotes to help you get your trees and property back in order.
A professional consultation is a chargeable diagnostic visit by a Tree Care Professional to assess larger properties or projects. A consultation includes identifying issues, taking samples and developing a treatment plan to preserve the health and value of your trees. Additionally, we provide a host of expert services for insurance, legal and preservation efforts that can affect the trees on your property. Our consultation services include but aren’t limited to:
- Diagnostic visits
- Identify, treat and prevent potential disease and pest problems
- Large estates
- Assess and treat properties with larger groupings of trees
- Documented insurance claims
- Appraise damage to trees caused by storms, vehicle accidents, etc.
- Expert witness services
- Documenting possible negligence or property conflicts regarding trees
- Cabling and bracing
- Preserve trees structurally for safety, aesthetic and historical purposes
- Site planning and development
- Ensure that trees are protected from their root systems to their canopies during construction projects
- Lightning protection
- Install lightning rods to protect trees – which are common targets due to their height